Thursday, November 3, 2011

Back in Business!

Some things take a while to figure out. And in my case, some things take a very long while to figure out. Long story short: the Plainfield UMC Cycling blog experienced quite a lag over the summer as I tried to sort out access privileges between my multiple Google accounts. In addition, I was having problems managing the route tracking with my Garmin GPS watch. Thus I didn't have ride summary information to post, nor could I access the blog to post the summaries. Other than that, everything was working just fine! Fortunately, both issues have now been resolved.

For those who might have wondered, the Cycling Group actually did hit the trails many times over the summer, and we have continued riding this fall. I'll post a few ride summaries all at once, though I realize it would have been much better to post these right after the actual rides. Although we had quite a few rides this year, and may yet have a couple more, I think we had more frequent participation from more people last summer.

This for me is a lesson in marketing. We need to let the world know we're getting out there and having a great time! Then more people will want to join us! I also realize it was quite a busy summer, so even those who wanted to ride more often might not have been free to join us.

They'll regret it come February when cabin fever sets in and they wonder why oh why they didn't take the chance to ride when they could. Happens to me every winter.

-- Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment