Saturday, July 17, 2010

I&M Canal on 7/17/2010

We had another great ride along the I&M Canal this weekend, following the same plan as our previous visit to this trail. Overall we rode about 18.6 miles Saturday afternoon/evening, which isn't too bad considering the heat indices this week. Luckily, a nice cooling breeze is created as you ride along, and much of the trail is nicely shaded:



Our turnout for this ride was excellent! It didn't match the magnificent seven from last Wednesday morning when Tim was towing two tikes, but we did have a total of six cyclists this time. And we were pleased to welcome Nelson on his first of what we hope will be many rides with the group! Here's a snapshot of the whole crew as we were finishing up for the day:



The stats for the ride are shown below. If you click on the link and take a look at the chart of our speeds during the ride, you'll notice that our fastest pace was during the last couple of miles. This was when Pat was out in front and the rest of us were trying to catch her.


Finally, a little something different:

2 comments:

  1. I just noticed that our previous ride on this trail took 1:39:26 while this one took 1:39:33. Talk about consistency! What are the odds?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched the video... Are you guys talking about me?? How am I related to Lance??!! I guess I'll have to make it to the next ride so no more rumors get started about me!

    ReplyDelete